Friday, February 23, 2007

Servant heart - NO!

I'm having one of those mom days where I think I will loose my mind if my kids ask me for one more thing. They are constantly asking for something - goldfish, pretzels, juice, milk, start a movie, stop a movie, etc., etc. And why is it that they ask as soon as I start something else or I have just sat down???? I was standing in the kitchen during the last request, starting to get irritated, feeling like a slave to a 5 and 7 year old, realizing my servant heart "sucks". I called Kristy to vent a little and we were musing about how we are more joyful servants for friends and strangers than our own children sometimes. I wonder why that is???? So anyway, I really don't have a point to this post, just feels better to get it out there.

2 comments:

Becky said...

I feel you. That's totally true. Anything for a friend but "Hailey, get it yourself!". Thanks, that was a good reminder. Of course there is a fine line between having a servant's heart towards our kids and letting them rule the roost. It's tricky to say the least.

Kristy said...

I think sometimes my children are not sure of the difference between a servant's heart and a servant.