Saturday, February 24, 2007

Not As Planned

Things didn't go exactly as planned today. The day started out perfect. The kids were up by 7, they ate breakfast and got dressed by 8:30 and out the door we went to the gym. I was really looking forward to a good swim this morning because I haven't been to the gym too much with Jim being out of town. We got to the gym in plenty of time, checked the kids into the Kids Club and out to the pool I went. I was in the pool a few minutes and then Becky got there so we chatted for a couple of minutes and off we went to start 20 laps in a row(this is our new thing). I think I got another 2 laps in when the Kids Club person came out to the pool to find me... "Are you Heather? Your youngest son is in the bathroom crying for you. I'm not sure what happened, but there is poop all over the bathroom." This is exactly what you want to hear when you just start your workout. So, out of the pool I go with my towel wrapped around me, dripping all over to go see what's up. Well, the girl was right - there was poop everywhere!!! Joshua said he was standing up to pee and he thought he had to pass gas, but it was poop instead. Anyway, long story short... he left the gym wrapped in my towel because everything else was covered in - you guessed it - POOP! So on the way home he says, "I wish I was dreaming" and of course I said, "Me too honey".

3 comments:

Lauren Faiai said...

Poor Joshua. Between the Hamster trauma and now this episode, this boy is going to need some REAL therapy soon!

What a MEMORY MAKING day!!

TK said...

I loved this story. I'm still laughing right now as I type this. I'm sorry, I know it's not funny and if I was in your shoes oh my what a disaster it would be but reading this is cracking me up. I love Joshua's responses. "I wish I was dreaming"......classic.

Becky said...

I felt so bad for you when the lady came. I was hoping it would be not for you. Josh is so cute, and you handled it with total calm. Amazing!