Sunday, February 18, 2007

Hamster #3

Hamster #3 has just arrived home. At least with this one we got a new name - Blackie - which is an improvement over Queenie, in my opinion. So, poor Joshua took the news pretty hard, but he didn't cry as much as the first time and then quickly asked when he could get a new one. He's pretty happy with Blackie, but he keeps saying, "I hope my hamster doesn't get yucky tail disease". I'm praying this one lives longer than a week. I feel more confident about her - she tried to eat her way through the box on the way home from the Petco in Rancho. It was pretty funny... Caleb refused to hold the box because she was eating her way through it, so I ended up holding the box while driving and trying to block the 3 holes she chewed with books notepads and piles of paper. I said, "OH CRAP!" several times wondering what in the world I was going to do if she got loose in the truck! So anyway, we made it home and she is settling in - I'll let you know how she does.

4 comments:

Becky said...

Thanks for the update. Totally relileved about the new name. This one's gonna make it, I have a good feeling.

berrytribe said...

Let's hope the new name is the end of the curse. I giggled picturing you driving home trying to keep the little creature in the box. Pretty funny. Joshua sure is a trooper-I think I'd give up and get a fish.

TK said...

Did you get your money back? Were both from the same store? Sounds pretty tragic and morbid. I guess Joshua has to learn the facts of life sooner than later.

Kara said...

I am thinking if this one dies we need to definately switch to a different animal. My nieces have rats and love them!