Tuesday, February 13, 2007

A New Queen

Some of you may have heard about the tragic loss of "Quennie" Joshua's new hamster that died 12 hours after he received her. Joshua cried, "She always cheers me up". I tried not to laugh while he was crying and saying this, since he had only had the hamster for half a day. Poor guy. The loss was overshadowed today by the purchase of a new hamster - that hopefully won't die before the week is over. I was hoping he would give this hamster a new name - not the same name as the DEAD hamster. But instead, he informed me that he gave the hamster in heaven a new name - Bubble Gum - so that he could name the newest hamster "Quennie". So, we have a new Queen in the house - please pray she lives through the week!!

5 comments:

berrytribe said...

so glad that all worked out today. But, in that house full of boys, I think we should inform Joshua that the only "queen" in the house is the MAMA!! :)

Heather Hammond said...

You are speaking the truth friend!

TK said...

He is a funny one. Maybe Bubblegum is having a party with Nemo (Rhett's goldfish that died three weeks ago.)

Becky said...

Bubblegum is having a party with Nemo and Bubba and Scooter (our 2 dead goldfish who were unfortunately both named after my little brother's nicknames)

Kara said...

I am glad he has a new friend to make him sooooo happy. I will be praying he stays to live a long healthy life.