Sunday, November 18, 2007

Israel - Day #6



Have you missed me? Sorry, I haven't blogged for the last couple of days, but we haven't had an internet connection. Let me start with answering Kara's question - Yes, you can get a diet Coke but I haven't seen any fountain ones since we left the Sea of Galilee. I wish they had a 7-11 here!

We have seen so many things in the last 3 days - my head is spinning. I can't even count the number of Bible stories that we've actually seen the locations of - touched the same rocks, walked on the same streets, etc. We are still posting pictures from each day, so don't forget to check them out. I know many of them are hard to understand without an explanation, but some of them are self-explanatory, especially if you read the signs tha go with them.

We ended our day today at the Western Wall or the "Wailing" Wall. The Jews pray at the Western Wall because it is the closest location to the Holy of Holys on the Temple Mount. Because they are not allowed on the Temple Mount - the muslims are in possession of the Temple Mount - this is as close as they can get to where the Holy of Holys would have been - and to where God's presence was in the temple.

It was an awesome experience to sit within feet of the wall - the actual wall that was there in the day of Jesus - and then to go up to the wall and pray and put the prayers I had brought with me in the wall. I was surrounded by women on each side - young and old - praying to God. Some of them prayed in silence, others out loud. Some stood still, while others rocked back and forth "Love the Lord your God with all your body, mind and strength" Deuteronomy 6.

Words really can't express everything I have experienced here in Israel. Shalom!

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Yes we miss you Brayden called you and left a message. I can't wait to hear all about the wall.

Kara said...

Sounds like an intense trip and well worth it! I feel like I am experiencing it too.