Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Israel - Day #1

I am overwhelmed, but in a good way! Today was awesome and full of great sites. We started the day at the Mount of Beatitudes. That's the Mt. behind me where you see the line of trees on the ridge. The picture was taken as we were traveling along the coast of the Sea of Galilee in a boat similar to what the fishermen in Jesus' day would have used. My favorite part of the day was our visit to Capernaum. Capernaum is where Jesus lived for a while, ministered and healed people toward the beginning of his ministry. It was a great time of reflecting and experiencing a city where Jesus actually lived. We stood in the synagogue where he preached to the people and saw the remains of the house of Peter's mother-in-law. What a day! There is so much more I could say, but I am too tired and I'm off to bed. Tomorrow I will post a link - if you would like to see the pictures we have taken so far. Until tomorrow - Shalom!

2 comments:

TK said...

Oh I'm so jealous. Wish I was there. Take it all in and update us when you can.

Kristy said...

You look like you are having a wonderful time. I am looking forward to the slide show when you return. Can't wait to hear all the great stories.