Monday, April 2, 2007

Late Bloomer

I am definitely a late bloomer when it comes to sports. I would never
answer, "Are you athletic?" with a "yes". I swam on the swim team in
high school, but other than that, the only sports I played were in
elementary school - I think my parents were just trying to get me to
exercise!!! But, now at the age of 36, I seem to be becoming an athlete
- to some extent. I'm not as thin as I'd like to be, but I'm definitely
in better shape physically than I was 15 years ago. I've started
running, which I still don't enjoy Becky, I swim twice a week, I love
to cycle and now I'm playing softball(only by peer pressure). So, kind
of strange to be taking up all of these different things later in life
than I expected. The great thing is, now that I am older I will try way
more new things than when I was younger - I guess my fear ofembarrassment is getting smaller with my age - which may not be a good thing!! Here's to LATE BLOOMERS!!!!

5 comments:

Lauren Faiai said...

Heather... You're a definite inspiration to me! Thanks for playing softball...even if it was by peer pressure!! You did GREAT!

berrytribe said...

I feel ya, Girl! Who would of thought I'd put on RUNNING shoes and go RUNNING, of all things! Yippee for you!! :)

Becky said...

Heather,
I'm right here with you on the "late bloomer" thing. You're a stud! I'm so glad you are playing softball, you being there makes me feel more comfortable. We can't all be Lauren's (diving for the ball and all of that).

TK said...

Very cool Heather. You sound like much more of an athlete than I'll ever be. You're also a great cook/baker, creative scrapper so I guess you're one well rounded late bloomer.

Kristy said...

Hey San Diego is starting a Roller Durby team the Boob Busters. Do you want me to sign us up?