Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Irritable!!!

I don't even know if anyone will read this it's been so long since I've blogged, but here it goes...

I worked today and I'm irritable!!! I saw a 17 year old patient today that I can pretty much
call a "pot head". I did pretty well with her until she told me that
though she would never smoke cigarettes again she would probably smoke
pot again after the baby is born. Too which I responded, kindly but
firmly, "Is that really the best decision you can make for your baby?"
I said a lot more, but I won't bore you. I ended my "speech" with, "Can you tell I didn't like your answer??"

I'm
usually pretty subdued. I encourage them to quit, I give them "the big
scary talk" and then I usually move on, but not today. Today, all I
could think of were all of the people I know - good people - who would
make great parents - who can't get pregnant - who suffer withinfertility
year after year - or the families who loose children or have babies
with disabilities when all they did was take excellent care of
themselves when they were pregnant.

This is one of those things
I always think I will ask God about when I get the chance and then I
realize I won't care when I actually get there. Oh well, so it is. That
was my day - kind of a bummer - sorry.

1 comment:

TK said...

That would be tough Heather. I'm glad you said something. You never know how much your words could impact her. God uses every day moments for serious life change. I'll say a prayer for her and the baby right now.