Saturday, January 27, 2007

Fun in the Sun?


ALOOOOOOHA! I wish I was still living "aloha". It's amazing how you can come home from a vacation and feel as if you have never been gone. We had such a wonderful time. The weather was perfect - sunshine and cool breezes - I want to go back!!! Above is a picture from the window at our condo.

I thought all of you mothers would appreciate a little story from vacation...

Maui was wonderful, but we did have the boys with us which adds a little different twist on things. You still have to listen to whining, arguing, crying, etc. One afternoon we decided to stop and go snorkeling at a little beach just off the road. It was perfect - shallow, the water was calm, and I was pretty sure I saw turtles before we even got into the water. BUT... Jim didn't really want to go snorkeling and Caleb was pretty sure the water was too cold and too deep and Joshua decided that laying on the boogie board was way too scary and he didn't want to go. To top it all off I forgot my bathing suit at the condo and I WANTED to go snorkeling! So there we stand on the beach - Jim's grumpy he has to get in the water, Joshua is crying and Caleb is refusing to even try. The next thing that happened wasn't pretty... I start to loose my mind. "This is ridiculous! It's beautiful out and I've got to listen to all of you complain and cry! This is fun for Pete's sake! GET IN THE WATER!!!" I'm pretty sure I remember hearing my parents rant in such a way. I will tell you though, they loved it once they got in!!! I'm the big jerk that made them have a good time.

5 comments:

Lauren Faiai said...

AWESOME! I've been waiting for a post since you've been home!!! So glad you had a great time! Glad you're home!

TK said...

Do you have a really good camera or is it that beautiful there? I'm glad y'all had a chance to get away together to have a great time with some moments tossed in to keep it real.

Glad you're back.

Kara said...

I am glad you are back too. I missed you.

Becky said...

Love that story Heather, sounds like something that would happen to any of us, no bathing suit... kids whining when you're thinking "Do you even KNOW where you are???" Good to see you again this morning.

Steve Faiai said...

H2,

Welcome home, I'm glad that you guys had a chance to get away!