Wednesday, October 3, 2007

THE FINISH LINE


We made it!! There's nothing better than making it across the finish line!! I wish I could say the triathalon was easy or not as hard as I thought it would be, but that would be a lie. It was definitely the hardest physical "thing" I've ever done, second only to labor. Kristy did a great job of journaling our experience on her blog - visit her site for all of the details. It's strange how proud I feel of myself - that I actually said I'd do it, actually trained for it and then actually finished it without dying!!! I'm not sure I've ever felt this kind of overwhelming sense of accomplishment before - it's weird and wonderful - all at the same time. All this being said, I couldn't have done it without Kristy. She "carried" me through the run - verbally. She was constantly talking us through it, encouraging me to go a little further, telling me I could make it and helping me hold on until the end. So I have to agree with her when I say it was a great day and great accomplishment, but it was made so much sweeter by sharing it all with a friend.

And just so you know... transition went great - my pants stayed in place the whole time!!!

Check out our race pictures at Opix photography - just search by our names.

2 comments:

Becky said...

It's an addictive feeling. You did awesome.

TK said...

Congratulations Heather! Thanks for sharing the pictures they were great. You guys look like you're on the cover of some sports magazine.